Beylerbeyi Palace is an Ottoman palace located in the Beylerbeyi district of Istanbul, near Anatolia, and dating back to the 19th century. The palace by the sea, the area called “Istavroz Bahçesi” II. The last two floors of the old palace built by Mahmut were built in 1851. Agop Balyan and Sarkis Balyan took over the palace architecture that was initiated by the command of Abdulaziz. The palace, which is a mixture of Renaissance and Baroque styles, was built as a three-storey basement with Bakırköy rifle and qualified marble material. The doors of the first floor are opened in three directions and baroque style marble staircases are used. There are 6 large saloons and 24 large rooms in the middle of the large hall with 16 marble columns on the entrance floor of the palace. The big hall in the middle of the upper floor was made as “Reception Hall”. In addition, the top floor of the building has a beautiful bath, as well as the appearance of the exterior appearance and the importance of laying was given. The walls and ceilings of the room and the living room have been decorated with beautiful decorations. Among the items used are vases, clocks, valuable Hereke carpets made in Europe and the Star Tile Factory. The gardens behind the palace are built on sets, with a pool of 70 x 40 m and a depth of 3 m in the center of the top set.
Beylerbeyi Palace in the Republican Period
At the Beylerbeyi Palace, foreign guests from all countries were welcomed during the Republican era. Iranian Shah Pahlavi came to Turkey in 1934, President Gazi Mustafa Kemal Ataturk was hosted by the palace. The Balkan Games Festival was organized in Beylerbeyi Palace in 1936. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk spent that night in the historical bedroom of Beylerbeyi Palace.
Beylerbeyi Palace was used by Atatürk for a while after the Republic, and after the death of him, it was taken under the scope of the national palaces and connected to the Parliament and converted into a museum. Today it is one of the most memorable monuments attracting visitors.